Pages

November 29, 2007

The Dollies Are Coming! The Dollies Are Coming!


A couple of days ago Brenden had asked me who I made these two dolls for. I explained that I made them for children affected by a parents substance abuse and that they were going to be sent to Australia. His reply- "Why send a dolly mom? Why not just go get the kids and bring them here? We can adopt them and then they can live with us and have lots of softies!" Though his idea is not possible, I love the way his beautiful heart and mind think.

Today we are packaging up our dollies, Bella and Vivi, and sending them out. I am so happy to be a part of this grand idea. Next years Softies for Mirabel will be even more fun because we will have time to get the kids more involved. I cant wait! I only wish that we could find something like this a little closer to home, too. Hmmm...Maybe its time we get a little more involved. Who knows, maybe even start something ourselves.
***After a trip to the post office, we found we were too late to send these out. Too bad we didn't hear about this sooner! So, I will be passing these two cuties on to my sweet nieces. There are plans to do Softies for Mirabel again next Christmas and I will have all year to make some softies to contribute! Yay!

0 comments: